Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A Rant... and a little about me

I’m usually not into things like this. I don’t like email forwards especially when they say “if you don’t forward this to 10 people in the next 24 hours you will have 10 years of bad luck.” Yeah right!


Some prince in Somolia is not going to give you a million dollars, you did not win the UK lottery, there is not a law being passed that you have to list your handguns on your income tax return, and Microsoft will not give you money for forwarding an email.

These days we have a lot of information available to us. I can push a button on my cell phone, say a phrase, and do a Google search from pretty much anywhere. Why would I believe some forwarded email? If it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't. Check it out before hitting the forward button. Try Snopes.com for things like that.

Okay so I got a little off topic. What I meant to say is I normally don’t do things like this. My friend Robin posted this on her blog with her answers. You are supposed to “tag” 4 people to fill this out. I was the first one she put down. There was no “you’ll have bad luck if you don’t.” Instead she said “don’t feel obligated to do this but I would love to read yours and know more about you.” (Paraphrasing) Ok, that I can handle.

That was quite the introduction… but at long last, here are a few things about me:

1. Four shows that you watch:
• Chuck
• The Office
• Burn Notice
• 24 (Just Started watching it lately on Netflix)

2. Four things you are passionate about:
• Andrea
• Service
• Travel
• Outdoor Activities

3. Four words/phrases you say a lot:
• Let me know if you have any questions (I say/type that a lot at work)
• Thanks
• This is Scott (when I answer my work phone)
• “What’s up” or “Hey” (when I answer my cell phone)

4. Four things you have learned from the past:
• Don’t rely on others for your happiness, learn to love yourself first
• No one is normal
• It is worth re-trying foods that you didn’t like at first.
• Hot Pepper Eating Contest = bad idea (Even if you win, you lose)

5. Four Places you would like to go:
 I have a long list…. But here are four
• Peru (to See Machu Picchu)
• Europe (Greece, France, Spain, Portugal, Italy mainly)
• Fernando de Noronha – Brazil (Anywhere in Brazil really… I love it there!)
• New York City

6. Four things you did yesterday:
• Worked
• Put away Christmas Decorations (I had already taken them down, I just finished boxing them up)
• Cleaned the Kitchen
• Fixed my mom’s computer

7. Four things you are looking forward to:
• Getting married
• Being a father
• Going to Maui
Running for Risa Marathon (Yes you want to Run it.  Check it out!  Not a Marathon Runner?  Run the 5K)

8. Four things you love about winter:
• Christmas
• Snow
• Snow
• Snow (Snowboarding, driving in the snow, sledding in the snow, building snow forts, snowshoeing etc.)

I still am going to post about Christmas, New Years, and my birthday soon. Just need to get pictures off my camera.

1 comment:

  1. You made me laugh with the even if you win you lose comment :)

    ReplyDelete